Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Week 7 - Reading Diary B

I feel like the ride on the chariot back to Ayodhya is almost a summary of some of the things that took place. All the lavish gifts that are given amongst the major characters are really cool and interesting things. Such as the waters from every river and Sita's pearl necklace. When I first read Rama's intent to abandon Sita it did not make much sense. In a humorous sense however,  its quite ironic that Rama would go through such great lengths and many battles to save the kidnapped Sita, yet abandon her so easily after being gossiped about. I hate that Kusha and Lava are forced to live apart from their father and it really confused me when Bhumi took Sita underground. Overall, I felt very unsatisfied by the way Rama's later years were. It really jars me that Lakshmana, and Sita both don't live to Rama's death. I really did not like this section of the book very much, I only liked the ending where Hanuman rips his flesh and shows that Rama lives within him. This is an extremely popular picture that i have seen ever since growing up as a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment