Monday, September 29, 2014

Week 7 - Reading Diary A

This was probably one of my favorite sections to read because shortly into the reading we get to see some intense fight scenes with my favorite character: Jambavan. I loved the fight scenes that included the two magicians as well. I really like how they is such a variety of demonic characters and the various powers they can have. It makes it seem like an endless catalog of demons and I feel like that adds even more background detail and helps establish the story even more. It was also cool to see Kala make an appearance in the epic, because she is one of the deities I have grown up hearing about. All the various preparations by Ravana before his fight really helped build my excitement for the fight even though I knew he was going to lose. The ground battle between Rama and Ravana reminds me a lot of when Hercules fights the Hydra. I don't know how i feel about the addition of a post-death letter by Ravana. I feel as if it takes away from his evilness.

No comments:

Post a Comment