Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Week 5 - Reading Diary A

Overall this was one of the more interesting reading sections we've had! Things are getting pretty intense and this section of the book really helps me reaffirm why i took this class. The stories are incredibly interesting and they're were a couple of things that really stuck out to me from this section. I really, really liked that Bharata took Rama's sandals and left them at the throne for him. For some reason I just thought that was an amazing gesture on Bharata's part for his brother. Its an amazing Hindu value to have and one that hits home with me and my brother as well. Also finally, some real intense action. All the battles were awesome from this section. Also, I still don't understand why Lakshmana mutilates Shurpanakha the way he did. I might have to do some more research about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment