Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Week 7 - Famous Last Words

I feel as if I am getting better about managing this class, I have been working ahead somewhat and it makes the workload in all of my other classes much less stressful as well. I have a Physics test next Wednesday so I plan to work ahead in this class and my Physics Lab class so I will be able to focus on studying for my test next week. I also have not been feeling well off and on since last Monday.

Yesterday morning I woke up feeling terrible and finally decided to go to the doctor. Turns out, I have strep throat and the doctor ended up giving me a shot of penicillin in my side. I am feeling better since yesterday, however definitely not 100%. Hopefully I will feel better by Thursday when I shadow a doctor in Chickasha.

In other news, this past weekend was good to me sports-wise. My favorite team the Dallas Cowboys had a huge upset over the heavily favored New Orleans Saints at home. The Cowboys played incredible, they ran the ball well, passed well, played good defense throughout and created takeaways. This game really got my hopes for the rest of season and showed me that the Cowboys really are capable of making some headway this season. The win by my boys definitely helped me to start off the week right.


I really hope that I can stay on course and keep working ahead. OU/TX is slowly approaching and I don’t want to have to worry about a bunch of homework and studying I need to do while I am trying to enjoy such a fun time during the first semester. I have a Microbiology test the Wednesday after OU/TX and that really stinks. I will definitely need to start studying early for that as well, if I want to enjoy that weekend. 

Demarco Murray and Travis Frederick celebrating a TD this past Sunday against the Saints.

8 comments:

  1. That really sucks that you got strep throat. Getting sick is always so stressful, especially during school, which is already the worst. I’ve gotten sick a couple times already this semester and it’s really put me back in a couple of my classes. But hey, yeah, at least your favorite team is doing well and I’m sure you’ll feel great by the time you head to shadow a doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again Avi, I agree with you on the class management. Although I also have to admit to not doing my work on time because I am so busy with my other classes, so I understand what you mean when you have physics to do. I think it would be a good idea for me to also do my work ahead of time when I’m free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Avi! I also was able to manage this class better and it feels great. Hopefully, we can continue to keep track of this class and make sure to do the assignments before they are due so we aren’t stressing at the last minute. This OU/Texas is going to be so much fun. I can’t wait and its only like 4 days away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It sounds like you’ve found your grove this semester. It’s so great that you are a little ahead and don’t have to stress about schoolwork too much. It sucks that you have strep. Being sick is never fun. Hopefully you feel better before Thursday! I’m not sure what kind of doctor you’re shadowing, but I hope you don’t have to work with anyone too contagious. Having two illnesses at once would be very stressful, especially with your tests coming up! Feel better soon and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Avi!
    It's great that you're getting ahead in your classes, that really is the best feeling.
    I hope you're feeling better by now, considering you wrote this last week. Being sick is never fun, especially if you have a lot gong on!
    I went to the Cowboys game this past weekend when they played the Houston Texans. It was SUCH a good game. It went into overtime, but we came out on top obviously (however, i'm sure you already know that.)
    Feel better soon and good luck with everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tia, I am actually from Dallas so I am a huge cowboys fan as well! I started off really ahead in this class, but have recently been doing the work each week for that week so it has been a little stressful with my other classes. I definitely need to start getting ahead again. Last year, I was in physics and remember having a test that wed after OUTX, I was not too happy about that! Good luck with everything and have a blast at OUTX!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Avi, I have already commented on your introduction so I decided to do this post instead. Did you end up going to Dallas for OU/TX? I was such a good game and a lot of fun! I hope you got that strep throat cured. One of my roomates has it now and I am crossing my fingers that I do not get it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey buddy, hope that strep didn't take too long to clear up, that stuff really sucks. It also sounds like this semester has been pretty crazy with physics and micro, I guess you'll be pretty relieved once this semester is up. I'm sure you had a blast at OU/Texas, its always a good time beating Texas. I hope all is well and you finish up the semester strong.

    ReplyDelete