Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Typing Test Tech Tip

I like how RankMyTyping.com works. Its almost like a little game to track how well you type. The words scroll across the screen in sentence format and as you type each word it slides to the next word. I did really well at first and then when punctuation and capitalization came into play I started messing up some. I was really curious to see my results but after clicking 'submit' the test would not show me my results. I tried this twice to no avail. 

1 comment:

  1. Argh, I bet it is the Flash thing: I have never figured out why but there is some Flash setting that RankMyTyping uses that means it doesn't always work (like I said in the note there: NOTE: RankMyTyping is a Flash-based test, so if you do not have Flash on your computer or you sometimes have trouble with Flash applications, just use any other typing test you find online) ... I have one computer which really acts weird for all kinds of Flash-based stuff, including this RankMyTyping site. Luckily, though, if you really do want to test your typing speed, there are lots of other sites that don't use Flash. The number of words doesn't really matter, though - it is more just what you said, seeing what slows you down. Numbers are what slow me down! :-)

    ReplyDelete