Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Week 9 - Reading Diary B

From readings part A & B I have yet to find any positive feelings towards the Pandavas. Most of the things they have done so far are things I don't really like. Sharing Draupadi as a wife is weird to me, even though she prayed for it in a past life. I don't like that Yudihishthira is crowned, and he makes me like him even less when he gambles away literally everything like a giant moron. I don't understand how somebody could be allowed to gamble away other peoples' lives. Especially Draupadi and the brothers. Also it made me so sad when they were demeaning Draupadi. And then they are given a second chance by Dhritarashtra but Yudihishthira ruins that by having them all exiled for 13 years. My favorite part of the story so far is Arjuna's excursion to find weapons and be trained. I am curious to see how Arjuna's curse turns out to be a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment