Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Week 11 - Reading Diary A

Reading through the invocation was a bit boring. I didn't really care much for the background information. Although, it was great to read about one of my favortie gods: Ganesha. I also liked the story of how the ocean was formed. It was interesting to find out that Shiva gained his blue hue from drinking up all the poison from the churned ocean. I like how caring and sefless Bhishma is when he gives up his throne. This version of the epic has made me start to see the characters with different feelings. The story of how Satyavati was born was really weird.. Also the part where it says Vyasa cuts the flesh ball into 100 sons and one daughter was relatively weird as well. Dang, and third times the charm because the origin of Drona's name and how he came to be are also weird. Overall this version of the epic seems much more sexual however more descriptive and interesting in comparison to Narayana's version.

No comments:

Post a Comment