Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Week 10 - Reading Diary B

I feel that is rightful karma that Duryodhana died at the end of this story. Obviously for all the many bad things he had already done but also to be foolish enough to try and capture Krishna after he is trying to make one last peace effort. Duryodhana is truly a foolish character, his actions strike me as almost as absurd as Yudhishthira gambling away his life and his family's. I really wish I would have gotten better imagery of Krishna's divine form. For some reason, I'm extremely fascinated with the various transformations the characters in these epics undergo. Finally, the war begins and all the interesting battle scenes take place. Once again, I wish I could have a better image in my head of Krishna's cosmic form. All the various individual battles during the war were all a very fun read. Although, Arjuna's bouts are my favorite. I am really confused as to by Bhima mutilates and drinks Duhshasana's blood. No wonder why Bhima never made it to heaven. I really liked how Krishna justified their enemies' deaths through Karma to Yudhishthira. It made me feel better about all the deaths after reading about Yudhishthira being sad about it. I feel like all of these epics have such unfulfilling endings. I don't like the way that Krishna dies and that his people destroy each other. I wish that these epics had more happy endings!

No comments:

Post a Comment