Monday, August 25, 2014

Week 2 - Reading Diary A: Rama and Sita

This story is pretty hard to follow but the guides help a lot! I can recall that Vishnu has 8 devas or avatars but i didn't know Rama was the first one. I'm pretty sure each reincarnation of Vishnu has an epic story just like the last reincarnation Krishna. These stories are interesting in the fact that there are many mini stories being told within the big giant plot of Rama's life. Some of the reasons and symbolism behind the sacrifices is hard for me to understand but there seems to be quiet a few for the first fifty pages of the book already! Also, this book covers time spans really quickly. Also I get a bad feeling from Vasishtha. I feel as if he is going to cause even more problems for Rama.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Avi, that last comment of yours - "Also I get a bad feeling from Vasishtha. I feel as if he is going to cause even more problems for Rama" - is exactly the kind of thing to keep track of in your diary. For each of the major characters, if you can try to guess what might happen next to them, picking up on any clues, feelings, etc., then that will help you zoom in on the next chunk of reading, since you will have questions in mind, anticipating what could happen next!

    ReplyDelete