Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Week 2 - Reading Diary B: The Golden Deer

Rama's unselfishness is something that I really admire. To go into exile for 14 years without any question is a truly admirable thing to do. Also Bharata's character and unselfishness can me compared to Rama's. Its interesting to see Ravana come back after quite some time in the background. I almost forgot about him! Pretty sad considering he is the main villain from the prophecy. I'm trying to understand if theres a reason Lakshmana cuts off the specific body parts of Shurpanahka maybe to make her resemble a snake like her brother Ravana..? I wish I was better at analyzing the symbolism in the Ramayana.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, again! Even though I haven’t read this week’s readings I am glad that I can read your diaries and figure out what Rama’s personality is like. Him going into exile for that long, really is admirable. Like you I also wish I was good at English and was able to analyze different pieces of literature, and get a better insight into stuff!

    ReplyDelete