Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Week 13 - Reading Diary B

Reading the whole story about a gender transfer was something that I would least expect from this type of epic. Especially since Hindu values have very distinct lines and role for men and women. I really like the way that the Pandavas handles themselves and how respectful they are. Also I too would feel guilt fighting my elders like Arjuna felt. There were a ton of deaths, as expected. It was a bit ridiculous that Arjuna shot Jayadratha's head all the way into his father's lap in order to avoid the curse. But all the other powers such as the naga mantra were cool to imagine. I feel like tricking Drona into thinking that his son was dead and then killing him from behind was kind of a let down. I wish there had been an epic duel between pupil and master. The epic battle between Arjuna and Karna was my favorite part of this section and having the god Krishna as your charioteer would be awesome I feel like.

No comments:

Post a Comment