Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Week 14 - Reading Diary B

I completely forgot that Sauti was telling this story to another person. The way Bhishma died was very honorable compared to Duryodhana. I think Bhishma is my second favorite character from this epic. Like Yudhishthira, I would also feel a lot of guilt and grief over the loss of so many lives. I didn't like Yudhishthira much at first because of his idiotic gambling decision, but he ends up saving his brothers a lot and turns out to be a character. The huge difference I noticed between the two versions of this epic is that this version has a ton of epilogue like sequences. There are even more attempted assassinations after the major conflict ends. I felt like I missed the big message behind Yudhishthira's dream sequence. In the end, I'm glad he got to ascend to heaven and made the ending of the story more satisfying in comparison to the others we have read.

No comments:

Post a Comment